Sunday, April 6, 2014

Evergreen Guild Quilt Show

Last weekend, March 29-30, was the Evergreen Guild Quilt Show here in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  It was held at Ashwaubenon High School and is one of our biggest.  So I went with my grandma and aunt on Sunday.  One word... unbelieveable!  Amazing to see the beautiful work people can do.  I was in awe.  It sparked a lot of creative energy within me.
I took a ton of pictures so I won't post them all, but just highlight some of the ones I liked the best.  This one had beautiful free motion quilting elements and I like that it isn't a typical "quilt."

Next...
I loved this cat quilt.  Colorful and original.  The quilter stated that she had several cat patterns and created this quilt to merge them all together. Here's a couple close ups...

So cute, right?  The work that goes into these quilts is mind blowing.  

Here...

...are two quilted wall hangings.  They look more like paintings.  The one on the bottom with the fish won an award and actually had beading in it as well.  

I noticed that several quilts had 3D effects.  Loved the look.  This bird quilt wall hanging below was so adorable and the leaves on the branch were a nice touch.


This quilt was more traditional and looks like something I may be able to replicate.  It received an honorable mention.
 Here's a close-up.

Besides the quilts on display and being judged, there were booths with local quilt shops.  Of course, I had to check them out.  I hadn't heard of most of them.
This booth was for Silver Thimble Quilts and displayed some quilting kits they offer.  

I, of course, loved the dog pillows.  The fabric they offered was wonderful.  Needless to say, I'll be visiting that store here in Green Bay.

There also was a table with handmade christening gowns on it.  This one was my favorite.
The details on it were amazing, especially the flowers on the bottom.
Gorgeous.

This post is getting really long so I'll just finish up with a couple more pics.  I can't wait to visit some of the quilting stores I found and to try out some of the ideas I saw.



There's a Shop the Top Shop Hop coming up I plan on going to.  It's May 2-10 and is located in the upper peninsula of Michigan. You can purchase a "passport" for $5.00 at any shop on the tour and it entitles you to 20% off your fabric purchased at each shop plus a different holiday pattern from each shop.  There will also be door prizes if you visit all 10 shops.  If you are local, I highly recommend going.  Here's a list of the shops:

Alley Kat's Quilt Shop-Marquette, MI
Ben Franklin-Marquette, MI
Country Garden Quilts-Ishpeming, MI
The Fabric Patch-Ironwood, MI
Jeri's Quilt Patch-Norway, MI
Pine Street Quilts-Marinette, WI
Portage Quilt House-Houghton, MI
Quilter's Haven-Menominee, MI
Quilts 'n Stuff by Glenna-Escanaba, MI
Sew Irresistible-Houghton, MI
More details can be found by following the link for The Fabric Patch.

Can't wait for Summer!!!!

Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment