Monday, April 7, 2014

Mail Sack bag

Well, I finally finished it.  My first project that I made off an actual pattern.  Whew... 
Wasn't that bad but I definitely need to practice.  I bought this pattern at my favorite sewing store Life's a Stitch (I know the owners).  I followed the mini mail sack pattern and this is what it looks like....
I really liked this bird fabric I found at Joann's Fabrics.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it again.  Should have bought more.  
I used a fusible interfacing to make it more sturdy but I'm not exactly liking it.  It's a pain to sew with.  I had some problems with the lining because I used a smaller seam allowance (like an idiot) than the rest of the bag. Oops.  So it was bigger than the outside and, therefore, harder to add.  But from the pics you'd never notice.
Have a pocket inside that is split into two medium sized pockets and a small narrow pocket for a pen or pencil.  
Overall, cute bag.  And pretty easy to do.  I want to try making one without the interfacing and see how it turns out... oh, and use the right seam allowance for the lining, too.  

It measures approximately 12 inches wide by 11 inches high.  The strap is approximately 36.5 inches long.  I'd like to make the strap longer for me as it is too short for a cross body as it is.  
This is what it looks like on...
My son's beautiful girlfriend, Brittany, is modeling the mail sack.

Julie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment